At AnneeMatthew, we believe in giving back to society.
This Oct, we are collaborating with Uplift.sg to recycle bras to women in need.
Uplift started in 2005, collecting second-hand bras for Fiji, with help from Rotary Australia World Community Service. In 2015, the Uplift Project became a registered charity in Australia, with branches across the country and in NZ, Singapore and Botswana. So far, Uplift has sent over 1.5 million bras to 11 Asia Pacific countries, Botswana, Uganda, India and Pakistan.
Why donate preloved bras?
Nursing mums everywhere leak, and bras allow the dignity of a dry shirt, and the comfort of support. A thrush rash on a mother’s skin may spread to her baby’s mouth, and then back into the breast itself.
School girls from PNG, Fiji and Solomon Islands have reported wearing 2 or 3 t-shirts under their school uniforms to disguise breasts, despite the heat. A girl without underpants does not go to school during her menstrual period.
Bras control breast swing when women bend to farm or cook at ground level. In humid climates rashes, fungal infections and abscesses occur between the breast and the chest wall. Bras help by allowing air circulation.
Here’s what we need:
- Singapore donors, your bras will be the right sizes for women in Philippines (size 30-34 inches / 75-85cm needed)
- Size 30-40 inches / 80-100cm, A-DD cup in good condition, including crop top styles.
- Size 42+ inches / 105+ cm 18+, A-DD cup in good condition, including crop top styles.
- Nursing bras including crop tops. ANY condition will do. If it will catch a leak it is better than nothing, which is the alternative.
- E cup plus, ANY size. Likely to be the only properly fitting bras that a woman gets in her life.
- Mastectomy Bras and Breast Forms (prostheses). Like gold. A mastectomy bra offers privacy about the problem. If possible please send the box with the breast form/prosthesis, and put the relevant bras under the plastic mould, in the bottom of the box. These will be given to hospitals for distribution. If sending bras only, without breast forms/prostheses, please put a note in the bag/postpack so we don’t miss-sort them.
- Underpants, new In some places a girl without underpants does not go to school during her period.
- Please don’t send us bodysuits, torsolettes, shapewear, U-bras or bedroom lingerie (though we do love the giggle – we don’t send them).
How to donate?
Just bring your preloved bras to AnneeMatthew Booth A11, this Oct 12-14 at Baby Market Fair, Hall 5 Singapore Expo. We will collect and deliver them to Uplift.sg
LETS COME TOGETHER TO DO OUR PART
Hi May I know when is the next drive for donating bras? Thanks.
Nothing planned yet. Please follow us on IG for any future updates. Thanks!
Hi, can i post my bras to you instead?
Thanks so much!
Hi can I send it on Monday on 15 oct to you at your office?
Sure! Anytime this week is good. PM us on FB or IG to arrange
Hi, I won’t be going to the baby fair. Will I be able to drop them off anywhere else?
You can mail them to us.